**Click Photos for Larger View**
Carroll County Courthouse
600 Lexington St. Built in 1876 after the first courthouse on this site burned. It houses a complete set of County records.
Merrill Building – Museum
601 E Jackson St. Built for Capt. Connell in 1834. It was the first brick store in Carrollton built by Captain Connell. It is the only surviving store in a series of 19th century commercial buildings on the block. Owned by the Antiquities Society, the Museum is open by appointment.
305 Lexington St. Built in 1936 out of native pine logs with WPA labor. Mr. W. D. Felts was the contractor. The Community House is jointly owned by the Town of Carrollton and the Board of Supervisors for the County. Contact the Carrollton Town Hall to rent.
115 Lexington St. Built in 1907 for the McEacherns. The roof of this house was to be steep enough that no leaks would ever occur. Now owned by Farrish Jenkins and used as an antique shop called “Coach’s Antiques and Stuff”.
112 W. Washington St. The present home was built circa 1875 with Eastlake features. This is a fitting name for this rambling 2 story house whose owners have been many. It was remodeled in the 1990’s by the owners.
Lexington St. Gee’s Store is the oldest business in Carroll County under the same name.
904 College St. Also known as the James A. Young House, the home was built prior to 1841. Once the home of Dr. Holman whose family started the Jitney Jungle grocery store chain. Remodeled in the 1977 and enclosed with a wrought iron fence.
Carrollton Masonic Lodge #36
715 Lexington St. Chartered in 1838, the present building was constructed in 1899. Three members of the Lodge have served as Grand Masters, including Fritz Neal who also served as an editor for The Conservative and State Treasurer.
600 Green St. The Browning House, sometimes called the Buckland House after the builder, dates to 1891. It sits on the site of the first Carroll County Courthouse built in 1836.
J.Z. George Law Office
103 E. Washington St. Built in 1838, this Greek Revival style structure served as the office for future Senators J. Z. George and H. D. Money while they practiced law in Carrollton.
209 Hafner St. Built in 1902 with Queen Anne features, Wayside served as a “newlywed” home for Seven Gables.
Historic Carrollton Jailhouse
Green St. Built for Carroll County by the Pauly Jail Company, the Jail has living quarters for the jailer and his family, a communal cell, private cells and a “cell within a cell.” The Pauly Jail Company is still in business today.
210 Peavy St. Built in 1840, for many years this residence was known as Hayne Hall. Recent restoration efforts not only saved the home but added a comfortable living space utilizing materials from the original structure.
1001 College St. The Oaks was built in 1848 for Green Jenkins. The Oaks has a framework built of hand-hewn materials pegged together. Nails were used only in the roof and weatherboarding. There are several sets of double entrances in the original rooms.