Churches

**Click Photos for Larger View**
Carrollton Presbyterian Church

Carrollton Presbyterian Church

Carrollton Presbyterian Church
604 Green St. Organized in 1833, the present building built in 1897 with Carpenter Gothic features.  Pulpit furniture was hadmade by Bro. Hart, pastor in the 1860s. The church features theater style seating instead of pews.

leaf_bar

Carrollton Baptist Church

Carrollton Baptist Church

Carrollton Baptist Church
113 W Washington St.  The church was established as a house church of 9 members in 1833 near Coila, Ms.
By 1838 land in Carrollton was purchased, the congregation moved to town and changed the name of the church from Bethel to Carrollton.  The present Gothic Revival style church was built in 1894-95. U.S.Senator J.Z. George was just one of it’s prominent members.  The newest addition was added in 2014.

leaf_bar

Bear Marsh M.B. Church

Bear Marsh M.B. Church

Bear Marsh M.B. Church
Carrollton, Mississippi

304 E Jackson St. Prior to 1869, most blacks in Carroll County worshiped with the whites. As their numbers grew so did the desire for their own church. Bear Marsh M.B. Church was established as the first black church in Carroll County. Bear Marsh M. B. Church is still a vibrant and active church.

leaf_bar

Carrollton Methodist Church

Carrollton Methodist Church

Carrollton Methodist Church
501 Green St. The church was organized in 1833. The present Carpenter Gothic style church building was built in 1885. The annex was added in 1976.

leaf_bar

Grace Episcopal Church

Grace Episcopal Church

Grace Episcopal Church
Carrollton, MS
301 E. Washington St. The church was organized by Bishop William Mercer Green. The present building, erected in 1884, is an excellent example of Victorian Stick architecture.

leaf_bar

Shongolo Church, Vaiden

Shongolo Church, Vaiden

Shongalo Church
Vaiden, MS

Organized at Old Shongalo by Clinton Presbytery August 29,1835. Rev. A.C. Dickerson was the first minister. The 1875 structure had upper story built and used by Masons.

leaf_bar

St. Clements Episcopal - Vaiden

St. Clements Episcopal – Vaiden

St. Clements Episcopal Church
Vaiden, MS
Located on Hwy 51 Church records indicates that the church congregation was formed in 1869 when the people began meeting in the homes of members. The church was built in 1876. At the present time, the church is opened for called services.